Creamy Tomato Alfredo Pasta
30 minutes, serves 4
- 7 cups Whole Wheat Rontini Pasta or your short cut pasta of choice
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley
- 2 Cups Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 14 Ounce Can Tomatoes, Diced
- 1 Small Onion, Diced
- Bring a large pot of water to boil for the pasta, once water is boiling add pasta and cook for 9-12 minutes, drain pasta and set aside.
- For the Alfredo sauce: In a small saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add heavy cream, simmer over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the garlic, Italian seasoning, parsley, pepper and onion, simmer for one minute.
- Whisk in the parmesan cheese until melted.
- Add pasta to alfredo sauce, mix well.
- Add diced tomatoes, mix well. Serve immediately.