Creamy Turkey Soup with Rice recipe.
Creamy Turkey Soup with Rice is the perfect comfort food recipe. This a hearty soup is a great way to use up your leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 oz water
- 6 tsp Better Than Bouillon roasted chicken base
- 6 cups milk
- 1/2 cup long grain or jasmine rice
- 3 cups turkey, cooked, shredded
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- dash of salt
- 16 oz bag frozen peas and carrots
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Once the butter is melted add the flour to the pot and stir it into the melted butter.
- Let the flour cook for a few minutes until it just starts to brown.
- Add the Better Than Bouillon and water to the pot and stir it into the flour mixture.
- Add the milk to pot and stir well again.
- Add the rice and shredded turkey to the pot and stir.
- Add the parsley, salt, pepper, sage, and onion powder and stir.
- Bring the soup to a boil and then immediately reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Leave the soup to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure the rice doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot.
- After 10 minutes, peas and carrots to the pot. Stir well.
- Continue cooking over medium-low heat for 10 more minutes.
- Check some rice to make sure it is tender. If the rice is tender, serve immediately. If the rice is not tender, continue cooking until it is.